According to biotrustnews.com, these 7 foods should never be refrigerated. Here's the list and reasons why.
1. Bananas: Refrigeration stops the ripening process.
2. Sweet Potatoes: The starch in potatoes will turn to sugar, and the flavor
and texture of the potatoes will be altered.
3. Tomatoes: This wonderful fruit will become mushy and flavorless.
4. Apples: The texture and flavor of the apples will be lost during
refrigeration. If you want to bite into a cold apple, refrigerate for a
short time before eating.
5. Onions: These should be stored in a paper bag in a cool, dark place.
Refrigeration causes onions to become soggy.
6. Avocados: The ripening enzymes are shut down when exposed to
7. Coffee: The natural oils in the coffee beans are allowed to release its
wonderful aroma when stored at room temperature.
(Thanks to Joel at biotrustnews for these wonderful tips)