(Adapted from JJ Virgin, "The Virgin Diet Cookbook")
1 bunch kale (about 1 pound), washed, dried and torn into 1 1/2' pieces
1 TBS. olive oil, use more if needed
1/2 tsp. cumin (optional)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. ground chipotle pepper (optional)
(Feel free to experiment with other favorite seasonings. Nutritional Yeast gives kale a cheesy taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Toss kale in a large bowl with the oil. Rub the leaves to spread the oil.
- Add the salt, cumin (if using), and chipotle peppe (if using) and toss well
- Arrange kale in a single layer on two large baking sheets.
- Bake one batch at a time, turning the leaves once, until crisp, for 16 - 18 minutes.
- Cool kale chips on baking sheet.
- Serve immediately or store in a covered container for one to two days.